Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Episode 13 - Those Evil YO's and a Simple Braided I Cord Headband

Roving I hand dyed.  Definitely experimental and even though it looks pretty it was a partial failure!

Here's this weeks episode!!! See my braided icord headband pattern below! It's a no brainer, but I made it up on the fly and it turned out super cute!





Let's get together on social media!

Facebook GroupHere
Ravelry Group: Here
Ravelry UsernametheCATTLady
Instagram Username@thecattlady
Twitter@thecattlady
Pinterestthecattlady
Emailcraftycattlady@gmail.com

_____________________________________


"Simple Braided I Cord Headband"


Supplies:

Worsted weight yarn: I used just a standard Bernat in white
DPNs: Whatever size needed for your yarn.  I used Size 7.
Notions: finishing needle for weaving in the ends.

CO 3 stitches
I-cord for approx 4 inches or however long you would like your tie to be
Kfb into each stitch (6 stitches).
Kfb into each stitch (12 stitches).

Take 2 stitches onto your needles - move the rest to a stitch holder
I-cord for the needed length to wrap around your head - remember it will stretch a bit so don't make too long!

At the end, put those two stitches onto a new stitch holder.  Try to avoid twisting the stitches.

Repeat for each set of 2 stitches.  You will have a total of 6 I-cords.

My I-cord spaghetti monster
When all the I-cords are completed to the needed size, carefully lay them all out on a flat surface.  Make sure they are all laying flat and untwisted.  Place something heavy on top of the first I-cord used for the tie - or safety pin it down to keep it still.

Using two I-cords per section, make a standard braid.

Recombine all the live stitches onto your needle.

K2Tog until end of row (6 stitches)
K2Tog until end of row (3 stitches)

I-cord 3 stitches until it matches the length of the first tie.

Weave in allllllll those lovely loose ends.

_____________________________________

SHOW NOTES

CATT-a-long on Ravelry

Chasing Acorns on Etsy

The Canadian Knitter Podcast

In Color Order Project Bag Tutorial

Paw Tracks socks by Gwen Clark

Grimes by Megan Sanders (Xeveral on Ravelry)

Waterford Area Knitters & Crocheters Knit Night

Knit & Chat Facebook Group


Have a good one!


The CATT Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment