Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Try It Tuesday: Yoga

Well that's an interesting outfit...


If there is one thing that I am NOT and never have been it's flexible. I have certainly noticed a small increase of flexibility as I've been working out, but I'm still about as stiff as a corpse most of the time.

I can barely touch my toes when I'm standing bent down or sitting with legs out front. I have nightmares from high school trying to do these simple activities for that dumb "Presidential Fitness Test" thingy we all had to go through.  Between that and the cursed "rope climb" gym class was definitely not my thing.

So here I am in my mid thirties and ya know what I really want to do? I want to do the splits. Why? I have no clue. Just something I would like to do. I'd also like to do a cartwheel....but I'm about as graceful as a skunk. So we will save that for when I'm 40 okay?

I have no clue where to begin. Sure I'd like to join a class, but I think my schedule and my wallet are a bit tapped for that. I already have karate once to twice a week and enough activities to fill twice as many hours that I have in a day.  So of to the interwebs I will go.  Do you have any good Yoga resources?

I would like just a few 15-20 minute beginner routines to start out with. See if I like it. It'll be something I will try to do on my off days perhaps. Maybe twice a week or so.

Have you ever tried Yoga? Do you like it? Dislike it? I'd love to hear your story!!


Until next time!

~Andrea The CATT Lady


PS. May the Fourth be with you!!! Happy Star Wars Day!


Lovely artwork by my hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment