Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Try It Tuesday: Brioche Knitting

https://friendinknead.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/brioche/


Brioche - seems to be the buzz word with knitting lately. Lots of fun patterns that use this fancy "stitch" as I would call it.

But hold up wait a minute? Isn't Brioche a kind of French bread? Yeah, that's what I thought too. And yes it is. But in knitting terms according to wikipedia:

Brioche knitting may have originated in the Middle East. However, the term "brioche" seems to have derived from French slang for "mistake". The name might be a reference to the brioche dinner roll, which is formed of two pieces, one stacked atop the other.

Brioche knitting creates a fun, reversible pattern, when used with two complimenting colors is extraordinarily beautiful! Here are few patterns I would love to try out:

Le Moelleux by Mina from The Knitting Expat.  A beautiful triangular shaped shawl with a simple brioche pattern. I am a sucker for shawls...

Le Moelleux

Another pattern that has caught my eye is the Brioche Vine Cowl which looks to be a Craftsy.com exclusive. I'm sure if I dig around, I can find another cowl that I like on Ravelry though. I actually would love to make it those same colors too!

Brioche Vine Cowl

So there you have it, hopefully soon I will be adding Brioche into my repertoire of knitting skills. And while I'm at it, maybe I should bake a loaf of Brioche bread as well....


Have you tried Brioche? Did you enjoy the experience? Was it easy to catch on? Feel free to share your experience!


See you tomorrow!

~Andrea The CATT Lady

4 comments: