Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Make It Monday: Tuna Avocado Wraps

Happy Monday! I'm actually in quite the funk today. Dreary, rainy day, "lady" problems getting in the way and I witnessed a part of the circle of life that I wasn't really to fond of....

BUT hey, you're hear to see what's been cooking right? This recipe was the first Paleo recipe I tried - and was going to be the first I shared until I made those sweet potatoes. Missed it? You can find it HERE.

This was another fail for the kids - my kids are way too picky - but hubby and I enjoyed it. I'll actually be making it for dinner tonight as well!

Here is the original recipe: http://paleogrubs.com/lettuce-wrap-recipe

Ingredients
  1. 1 can tuna
  2. ½ very ripe avocado
  3. 2 tbsp paleo mayo
  4. ¼ cup green olives
  5. 2 tbsp diced green chiles
  6. 1 scallion
  7. 2 large leaves of green leaf lettuce (or your favorite green!)
  8. This recipe serves two, but is so good you just may eat the whole thing yourself.
Instructions
  1. Cut olives in half and dice scallion.
  2. Mash the avocado until it’s a creamy consistency, and then mix with paleo mayonnaise.
  3. Add in the tuna, olives, scallion, and diced green chiles to the avocado-mayonnaise mixture.
  4. Place one scoop of tuna salad into a large leaf of lettuce, wrap, and enjoy!


AND as usual - I simplified.  First of all I doubled it since it was for the family for dinner. I eliminated the olives and chiles because....yuck...I don't like olives and didn't have nor really care for chilies. And I didn't have a scallion, though that could be good.

So....two cans tuna, one avocado, small quirt of mayo (I just use regular mayo...again I'm easing in to this whole thing). Mash and done. Oh and I garnished with a grape tomato cut in half which gave it an extra little flavor boost when you bite into the tomato. It was quite enjoyable.



Enjoy!

~Andrea The CATT Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment