Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Mini-Episode 5 - Washing Raw Fleece


Hello! Welcome to another mini episode! I received a pound of raw Blue Faced Leicester (BFL) this week and went straight to work to washing it! It was smelly and dirty and magnificent!

I ordered this fleece from a fellow Michigander on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/goathillranch. She is currently not listing anything, but if you are interested in a high quality, already sorted and skirted fleece - I would favorite this shop.  Highly recommended! Great communication as well.

It took me two days - I was a bit nervous after the first wash and immediately emailed Kristy for help. All was good thankfully and it did require a second washing.

Finished up with a vinegar soak and a conditioner soak.  It's a tad on the longer side - clocking in at 25 minutes, but hopefully it will be somewhat informative to those who are delving into the fleece washing territory like I am!

Special guest Devo! He makes a lot of appearances throughout, that silly boy!



Hope everyone has a great and fun filled holiday here in the States! Happy belated Canada Day to my friends up north!

See you on Monday for our regularly scheduled program.


The CATT Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment